Saturday, October 29, 2022
8 am to 1 pm
A FUN event for the whole family!
Behind the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts & River area One Love Street
ARTIST Paint-Out INFORMATION
- Adventurous artists age 16 and older may register online for a $10 fee (click here to pay) or register & pay that morning at the site. (See Children's FREE Art Activities below!)
- 8 am to 9 am – Check-in/Registration opens at tables to the left of the Community Altar – see map. Have your canvas or paper stamped and then you may set up anywhere in the area shown on the map. You may begin painting after stamping – this is not a strict timed event.
- 9 am – Arrival of costumed dancers & puppets of all shapes & sizes plus art booths & the car show will be setting up.
- To be eligible for judging & awards by EPAT judge Michael Obermeyer, you must register & check-in, and bring your finished, framed painting to the display area by 11:30 am.
- EPAT Artists will compete for separate prizes from the Open Artist category, with awards announced around 12:30 pm.
- Map, complete rules & awards information available at registration.
- All exhibited paintings are for sale & a 25% commission on any sold supports the Children’s art education programs at the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts.
What's "Dia de los Muertos"?
Wander along the Paseo sidewalk behind the museum from the Windmill at Avenue A to across the river and you’ll find the EnPleinAirTEXAS Competition Artists & other area artists painting the colorful and cultural sights of the Hispanic celebration called ‘Dia de los Muertos’ (Day of the Dead). Families honor their loved ones who have passed away with altars, special dancers and music. Come watch and join in the fun as the artists are bombarded with a rainbow of costumed dancers, Mariachi band students, 9 ft Mojigongos puppets, and car show!
Here’s a video of last year’s Dia de los Muertos
CHILDREN’S PAINT-OUT & ART SCAVENGER HUNT!
Sponsored by San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council & Friends of EPAT
10am to 3:30pm – Museum area & The Stables at Fort Concho
Children of all ages may join in the fun with free painting kits at tables near the main altar stairs available between 10 am and 12 noon on Saturday! They may also pick up their Art Scavenger Hunt cards and search for items both at the Dia de los Muertos festival and over at the EPAT exhibit at the Fort Concho Stables.
Kids ~ keep your painting kits and paint all day for fun! Turn in your completed Scavenger Hunt cards at the Fort Concho Stables for FREE San Angelo Sonic ice cream coupons and a chance for your entire classroom to win free ice cream coupons from San Angelo Sonic!
A DRAWING for 3 Art Supply Gift Baskets to lucky participants will be held at the end of the day. Donated by Karyn & Yuki Kuniyuki.
2022 EnPleinAirTEXAS Exhibit FINAL DAY
Open FREE to the public at the Fort Concho Stables
9 am to 5 pm on Saturday
Come see over 250 paintings painted this week
on West Texas ranches and around San Angelo!
Join us at the Stables after the Paint-Out -
1:30 pm ~ The Mini-Pearls (small Paintings) Exhibit Opening,
2:00 pm ~ Judge’s Talk on the 2022 Award Winners,
3:00 to 5:00 pm ~ the opportunity to watch, meet and visit more
with the 2022 EPAT Competition Artists!
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the DIA de los MUERTOS event