Pay Online registration fee for 'Quick Draw on the Conchos' Here!
Saturday, October 29th ~ "Quick Draw on the Conchos 9:30-11:30am
2 Hour Paint-Out ~ open to all artists!
- Pay on line until October 23rd - Artists may pay $10 registration fee online with our secure PayPal account,
- Pay with credit card until October 23rd - Call Jan at the museum at 325-653-3333,
- Pay in person - Gallery Verde week of Oct 24 – 27th or the morning of the Quick Draw, Saturday, October 29th, between 8-9:30am at Gallery Verde, 417 S. Oakes St.
Art in the Afternoon!
Deadline to apply has passed. Please come out anyway and watch the artists!
Saturday, October 29th
2:30 - 4:00pm, Quartermaster Building at Fort Concho
Students from 5th - 12th grades may apply through their art class, apply here online below, or print a copy to mail in direct to SAMFA to have the opportunity to paint with one of the Competition Artists! Because we have a limited number of artists, there is a limited number of applicants that can be chosen. Students from any town are encouraged to enter! More information below.
Art in the Afternoon 2016 Application
print a copy of the application form and complete it in writing, &
mail it to:
Attn: Art in the Afternoon
1 Love Street
San Angelo, Texas 76903
All Applications are due no later than October 17, 2016
We require a parent to remain with all selected students who are under 18 years of age. Please read below for a time-line for Art in the Afternoon, on Saturday, Oct. 29th.
- Arrive with a parent to meet your artist at the QM building at Fort Concho at 2:30. You will be painting until 4:00pm and your parent should remain with you or nearby. All painting supplies will be furnished.
- We suggest you take advantage of opportunities to watch other artists on Saturday morning between 9:30 and 11:30 during the 2 hour ‘Quick Draw on the Conchos.’ All artists will be painting either on the Concho River or Concho Avenue between Irving St. and Riverside St. You may want to find the EPAT Competition artist you will be paired with and watch them paint, as well as wander and watch lots of other artists painting!
- Prizes for the Quick Draw will be awarded on the steps of the Museum, just up from Celebration Bridge, around 12:30. All the artists will gather there after 11:30 with their paintings to be judged. Here you will see ALL the finished paintings from the morning and can visit with your favorite artists!
- All of the paintings (around 250!) from the week of painting by our EnPleinAirTEXAS Artists are on display in the Quartermaster Building all day Saturday, from 9am to 5pm. This is a free show and it should be interesting for you to go look at the paintings shown by your artist before meeting them again for your participation at 2:30.
- Several of the EnPleinAirTEXAS Artists will be performing free talks or demos later Saturday afternoon at the Quartermaster Building.
For office use only…..Application # ____________________