Friday, October 28th
Artists turn in paintings for the week at Ft. Concho
Watch for EPAT sign at 622 S. Oakes Street
- 8:00-10am - Artists will bring their paintings to the Ft. Concho Commissary Building, 301 E Ave. C.
- Competition paintings will be designated by the artist in advance of turn-in including title, price, and medium.
- Non-Competition paintings will be listed in priority order with title, price, & medium on their individualized art list sheet provided early in the week by Gallery Verde volunteers. Inventory sheets will be available all week in the Gallery Verde.
- 11am-1:30pm - Lunch will be at Miss Hatties hosted by Brenda Gunter at 26 E. Concho Ave.
- 11am-4pm ~ After all paintings have been turned in, Artist Talks, & Demos will take place throughout the afternoon. Please contact us to sign up for a demo or talk.
Art Collectors STAMPEDE and Awards Party!
Ft. Concho Commissary & Quartermaster Buildings at 301 E Ave. C
Watch for EPAT signs
Artists arrive 5pm
- 4:00pm - Judge arrives to select awards.
- 4:30pm - Howard Taylor, Director SAMFA arrives to select Museum Award.
- 5:00pm - Competition Artists arrive at Fort Concho Quartermaster. Building, 301 E Ave. C to vote for 'Artist Choice' award.
- 6:00pm - Sponsors begin to arrive.
- 6:30 – 8:30pm ~ Art Collectors arrive for the STAMPEDE and Awards Party.
- 7:00pm - Awards Presentation.
- Auction of the top 4 awarded paintings will happen shortly thereafter.
- 9:00pm - Event concludes.
$13,000 in cash awards to be presented this evening by judge Marc Hanson from the top 2 paintings of each Competition Artist
*Competition paintings will be displayed & for sale in the Quartermaster Building.
*Non competition paintings will be displayed & for sale in the Commissary Building.
Public Tickets are $100 per person and include a $100 credit towards purchase of a painting.